New Jersey Motorcycle Laws
• Safety Helmet Required by law - (USDOT) reflectorization required.
• Eye Protection - Required by law (goggles or face sheild) unless bike equipped with windscreen.
• Daytime Use of Headlight - Modulating headlight permitted.
• Passenger Seat - Required if carrying a passenger.
• Passenger Footrest - Required if carrying a passenger.
• Passenger Age - Restriction None.
• Helmet Speakers - No Restrictions.
• Periodic Safety Inspection - No Longer Required by law.
• Mirror Left (L) Right (R) - One required by law.
• Radar Detector - No Restriction.
• Turn Signals - Not Required.
• Muffler - No statewide acoustical criteria.
• Maximum Sound Level - No statewide acoustical criteria.
• State Insurance Requirements - Compulsory Liability (Minimum Limits -15/30/5).
• Handlebar Height - Handgrips below shoulder height.
• Accept Motorcycle Endorsement From Other States - Yes.
• Motorcycles operating two abreast in same lane - Not referenced in Administrative
Code or Statutes.
• Lane Splitting - Not referenced in Administrative Code or Statutes.
Call now to have a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer review
your case: 732-244-0500.
Law Office of Joseph Pinizzotto
189 Route 37 West Toms River, NJ 08755
Phone: 732-244-0500 Fax: 732-286-0629